1. Login to cPanel.
2. Locate and click on the "Password Protect Directories" icon under the "Security" category.
- Password protect this directory - Choose whether or not the directory is password protected.
- Name the protected directory - Essentially an alias for the protected directory.
5. Click the "Save" button to update the directory settings.
6. Enter authorization information to give a user access to the directory:
- Username - Create a username for the directory.
- Password - Select a password for the user to access the directory.
- Password (Again) - Confirm the user's password.